There are mixed messages coming from different parts of the world about the current life conditions. However, the challenges of lock-downs and travel limitations prevail.
The wider challenge ahead is not only around our physical wellbeing but rather our mental health.
I witness again and again how practitioners of yoga and meditation found amazing ways to deal with the current crisis while embracing the fear and anxiety it brings up.
Here my favourite mental health regime:
- Humour: My mother and I keep exchanging fruits of the outstanding Turkish brilliance making fun of our situation; comics, short movies, stories…I know that we may not like it so much when groups are spammed with kitten-videos but if there is a loved one sharing your particular sense of humour, I`d say let`s brighten each other’s day!
- Practice: There is not enough word to describe the importance of a regular self-practice of yoga and meditation. It may also be another type of practice that helps you move the energy and connect to the inner stillness; just whatever works for you. I created a special Yoga Program for Seniors age 65+ for my parents respecting the physical limitations and health conditions related to bone/joint degeneration, autoimmune and cardiovascular issues. This program got very popular among their friends. I even received a message from a friend saying that her 90-year-old mother started practicing yoga with this program! Feel free to share it with whomever would benefit from it.
- Creativity: Reflect on what really moves you and let it flourish! This was such an important year for me giving birth to countless valuable projects. Starting with my Yoga Therapy Pill platform, moving into an outstanding online 200h Meditation and Yoga Teacher Training Course offered both in English and Turkish by our brilliant Samyama team; the recently launched Tantra-Log podcast, finishing the first few chapters of my book on the 10 Wisdom Goddesses along with a full Online Program on them and a more consistent online sharing of FREE content on social media. I don`t even mention the personal consultations, classical tantra retreats and other online products. All of it literally in one year!
- Say `thank you` to yourself for the great work for doing whatever you have been doing that brought you to this moment. I think I had to list all of these accomplishments above just to invite my ever-unsatisfied critical parts to acknowledge the great effort put into them and say `thank you` to myself.
Wish you a wonderful day in good health
The moment you decide to go on a pilgrimage; the process already starts.
It was right before Nyepi; the Balinese Day of Silence I had that itch inside to shed another layer.
My established routines were getting old, my to-do lists suffocating, my mood heavy, my numbing devices full power.
The destination of this pilgrimage was not a tantric hot spot in the world. They also get to be inner-journeys. In between Nyepi and Navaratri* - The Nine Nights of the Goddess coming up, I went through a period of embracing the dark clouds.
Am I doing what I should be doing? Why is there so much need for 'doing' in my life? I don't want to be 'doing' my spiritual practice; what if it just turned into another item to be checked in the to-do list? Am I missing out on life? Or is it just the global reality we are all living in? And many more questions.
Then the darkness turned into anger, frustration, negativity; even headaches, fatigue and breathing constrictions.
I took refuge in the woods with some close friends and washed everything away under abundant waterfalls of the Great Mother…
Then came the call of Bagalamukhi - the Goddess of Control!
Every Navaratri; we meditate on an aspect of the Divine Mother which is the most beneficial for the sentient beings at that particular time. In the middle of that auspicious trip, I found out that we will be invoking Ma Bagalamukhi! The powerful, fierce aspects that clears the illusions, confusion and misconceptions. Aren't we all in need of this exactly right now!?
During this Chaitra Navaratri between 12th-23rd of April - 2021, I invite you to take your self-practice up a notch. This is a special time where every beneficial thing you do to be more connected will have amplified effects. Be it better self-care, more yoga, meditation or whatever rocks your boat!
However, if you would like to work with this powerful Goddess in the traditional way using a specific mantra for this particular Navaratri process from Shivoham Tantra, then join my Facebook group The 10 Wisdom Goddesses; I am sharing discourses, Q&A's and talks with practitioners there.
Some important notes:
- This practice is both for men and women
- It is suitable for people who never meditated or done yoga before
- Advanced practitioners will love feeling the power of the Goddess
- There are 2 different ways to join; low potency open mantra or high potency full mantra.
- Drop a line to email@example.com for more further details on the practice.
Looking forward to share this unique work with you!
*please read THIS BLOG for more information on Navaratri